Landlord Representation In Commercial Evictions
Owning and managing commercial property is a business too. You can’t afford to give a break on the rent or extension to every struggling tenant, and you can’t afford to play games with tenants who are violating the lease or amassing arrears.
The law firm of Roberts & Harris PC provides veteran legal counsel to commercial landlords and property management companies across North Carolina. We can negotiate solutions such as a formal payment plan, guide you through the foreclosure and eviction process, or defend your interests in eviction litigation and other landlord-tenant disputes.
Savvy Defense For Commercial Landlords
Our attorneys are familiar with the full spectrum of legal issues that arise in foreclosure, eviction and other commercial landlord-tenant disputes:
- Proper notice and due process
- Self-help eviction (tenant lockout)
- Moratoriums or stays on eviction actions
- Evictions of “essential business” tenants
- Court delays due to the impact of the coronavirus
- Litigation of late fees and interest
- Litigation of force majeure (“act of God”) clauses in commercial leases
- Defense against counterclaims of wrongful eviction or breach of contract
- Disposition of abandoned goods and equipment
- Disputes arising from lease renewal and right of first refusal
Our firm can advise on landlords’ options (and tenants’ rights) in light of executive orders, the CARES Act and related actions by the governor, the North Carolina courts or the U.S. government.
Protect Your Investment
The bottom line is that commercial landlords have rights and remedies when a tenant falls behind on the rent, walks away from the lease or files for bankruptcy protection. The court may acknowledge the hardships of these extraordinary times and provide temporary relief, but the tenant’s underlying obligations in the commercial lease agreement do not evaporate.
We assist our landlord clients in initiating eviction when it is the last resort or best recourse, and in pursuing foreclosure and collection actions to maximize recovery of arrears or collateral.
Call Today To Discuss Our Services
At Roberts & Harris PC, you are represented by experienced trial lawyers who are well-versed in commercial litigation and commercial foreclosure. We provide cost-effective advice and advocacy, in or out of court.
Call our law office in Raleigh at 877-404-1138 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation.